Family Sponsorship (spouse/child)
If you are a Canadian Permanent Resident or a Canadian Citizen, you can sponsor your spouse or your dependent child so they can obtain the Canadian Permanent Resident Visa.
See the details of the program below.
Details of the Spouse or dependent Child sponsorship program
- For the sponsorship of a spouse or child, the processing delays are approximately 12 to 14 months.
- In order to sponsor your spouse or dependent child, you must absolutely be a Permanent Resident of Canada or a Canadian citizen. A person with a student permit or a work permit cannot be a sponsor.
- The Canadian citizen, or permanent resident, must be 18 years or older in order to sponsor someone.
- If you are a Permanent Resident, you absolutely must be living in Canada in order to be able to sponsor your spouse or child.
- If you are a Canadian citizen, you can live outside of Canada and sponsor your spouse or child. However, at the start of the procedure, you will need to provide documentation that shows you will return to Canada as soon as the sponsorship file is accepted by the government.
- You can sponsor your spouse and dependent children regardless of your financial situation.
Here are the definitions of the terms spouse and dependent children as interpreted by the Canadian Immigration Services:
- A spouse is a person with whom you are married. If you are not married, you must be living with your common-law partner for a minimum of one year.
- A dependent child is a child below the age of 22 that is not married and not in a common-law relationship.
Please note that we do NOT process files for the parents and grandparents sponsorship program because this program is currently closed. For people who want to bring their parents or grandparents to Canada, we suggest that you apply for a Super visitor visa for parents and grandparents (this visa is simply called Super visa).
If you wish to sponsor your spouse or dependent children and you are interested by our services, you can contact us by filling out the form below. We will answer you by email in a maximum delay of 2 business days.
<< Skilled Worker Quebec Investor Quebec >>