Information about immigration
Before you Leave
Before leaving your country, you will need to bring the following documents for immigration pourposes.
Be sure to carry them with you. Do not pack them in your suitcase.
- Canadian immigrant visa for each family member. When you arrive in Canada, make sure that a Canadian immigration
officer signs your visa. This is a valuable document and should be kept in a safe place. It proves that you are
a permanent resident of Canada. You will receive your permanent resident card a few weeks after your arrival.
- Valid passport or other travel documents for each family member.
- Birth certificate for each family member.
- Your Quebec Selection Certificate if you have been selected by Quebec.
- Marriage certificate (if applicable).
- Adoption, separation or divorce papers (if applicable).
You should also carry the following documents with you:
<< Immigration Fees
List of areas of training >>
- Diplomas, transcript of courses and any educational degrees.
- Trade or professional certificates.
- Driver's license.
- Sufficient funds for short-term living expenses.
- Letters from employers and a list of your qualifications and job experience.
- Two copies of a detailed list of all personal or household items brought with you and a list of items to
follow later. Provide the total value of the goods. When you arrive in Canada, give the list of officials
of either customs or immigration.
- Immunization, vaccination, dental and other health records.
TO REACH US
390 Notre-Dame West, suite 468
Canada H2Y 1T9
(See on the map
Monday to Friday 9:00 - 17:00
Local time (Montreal):